Backing down IE 9

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lavender, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Is there a way I can back down from IE 9 to IE 8? It's causing a lot of problems with some programs I use regularly.

How can I stop automatic updates of things like IE?

I use Crazy Browser which needs IE for it to run. I don't like the larger browsers so, any suggestions?

2. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Yes there is a way..

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
    2. In the left pane, click View update history.

Then look for Internet Explorer 9 from that list

3. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

Found it, but when I highlight it all it does is tell me it was installed successfully.

4. thisisu

Hrm there should be a Uninstall Button nearby after you highlight it. Hang on ill try to get on a win7 computer to show you exactly where its at

5. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

I'm on Vista.

6. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

I found where I can uninstall IE 9. But I need IE 8 for my browser to run.

IE 8 is also listed, so I'll still have that one, right?

7. thisisu

Yes, IE9 will be uninstalled. And then you'll only have IE8 on the computer.

[​IMG]

8. Lavender

Lavender Master Sergeant

You are brilliant! Thank you.

I'm such a scaredy cat when it comes to changing anything so I appreciate your support.

Once more, you have saved this computer from the trash bin.

Thank you again!

9. thisisu

You're welcome :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds