Invalid file format, Windows cannot run??

Discussion in 'Software' started by lolli, Feb 1, 2004.

1. lolli

lolli Private E-2

OH MY Gooodness, My computer needs so much help, I dont know whether to post 100 new threads lol. Now, my problem started the other day when i tried to down load Adobe Photo Deluxe from a CD. When I was done, I got the error. ERROR in PBE.EXE file maybe corrupt, then the following error. Windows cannot run because it is an invalid file format. I dont understand that. I've looked for this file online, and found nothing. I've also tried to download the new Trial version of Adobe PhotoDeluxe from C.net, also that will not work a well. Is something changing the format of the way my file are saved? ( If that makes any sense ) Now having said that. Since intalling this program, I often get the "blue screen of death" System has become unstable. I've tried installing this program with no luck over and over. Also I dunno if this helps at all, I've ran spy-bot and ad-aware ( dunno if that has anything to do with anything ). I've also tried running scan disk with no luck (thinking there may be errors) and I can't even do that... NOT EVEN IN SAFE MODE... Windows or another program is writing to this disk... this is all frustrating... I dunno if anything is linked to anything... maybe you guys could help.. i need all i can get.

I am running Win ME.

2. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

seems to be some kind of protection file againts copying

see the following article and

please note the following from that article

This information is provided only for use on legally purchasedly
    software for the express use of making archival backups. The
    University and the U-M Apple User's Group do not condone software
    piracy and provide this information for its responsible users.

http://www.umich.edu/~archive/apple2/misc/game.stuff/deprotection.txt

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds