my mouse isn't working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jogch21, Dec 16, 2005.

1. jogch21

jogch21 Private E-2

My computer had a bunch of spyware and i think possibly a worm and a trogan, I took all the following steps to rid them but my mouse is malfunctioning yet when i looked it its properties it said this device is working correctly. my old mouse had the same problems so i bought a new one so i know its not the mouse, please i need your help

2. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

What is the model number and maker of your mouse? It sounds like you need to reinstall drivers for it.

3. jogch21

jogch21 Private E-2

the model #is pd39db and there is another another set of numbers
    s/n 057033278:confused:
    i am not sure what brand it is, the new one i bought was a cheap one
    how do reistall the drivers

4. Prophets21

If your mouse came in a box look for the floppy disk or cd that came with it.

It may not be a driver issue however. It could be the port or connector is malfunctioning.

5. jogch21

jogch21 Private E-2

my mouse didn't come with a disk, my original mouse was acting up so i went to buy a new one well now its doing the same thing. it works but you have to keep rolling it to move to the left and down. it dosen't easily glide from right to left or up to down. i have spyware doctor but it dosen't fix it, it just scans and it said it found an infection but none of my other anti spyware detects anything

6. Prophets21

Maybe you should head over to the spyware forum.

7. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Try having your computer update the drivers. The spyware might have corrupted them.

8. zephra

zephra Private First Class

Go to Device Manager.Control Panel/System /Device Manager.Look for your mouse is there a conflict Yellow ex point?What mouse are u using ball optical..did drivers come with these?
    What windows version are you using?

9. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

It should be able to use the generic Windows driver if the manufacturers' driver isn't installed.

Does the mouse work in Safe Mode?

If not, then it's a hardware issue or a port hasn't been enabled.

10. jogch21

jogch21 Private E-2

well i went and bought a newer, better mouse and it works great but i appreciate all the help guys your the best:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds