I've got an Inheritance fund. LOL

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbazza, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I received this email today. For some reason my scammer rule didn't pick it up. :confused

From

(WORLD BANK ASSISTED PROGRAMME)
    Directorate of International
    Payment and Transfers.
    New York, NY 10017, USA
    Our Ref: WB/NF/UN/XX027

Attn: Beneficiary,

IRREVOCABLE RELEASE OF YOUR PAYMENT

We have actually been authorized by the newly appointed UN secretary general,and the governing body of the UNITED NATIONS monetary unit, to investigate the unnecessary delay of your inheritance fund, recommended and approved in your favour.

During the course of our investigation, we discovered with dismay that your payment have been unnecessarily delayed by corrupt officials of the Bank who are trying to divert your money into their private account.

And so on ....

Wish it were true. :-D

Bazza

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Just delete it like all other useless spam, if I posted a thread about the ones I get from seven different email addresses, the forum database would fill up quickly :)

3. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Congratulations bigbazza!!!

Be sure to let us know how much you're going to receive after sending in that payment!! :-D:-D:-D

4. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Nice, well don't waste time posting here, send them your social security number and bank details QUICKLY!!!! :strong

Disclaimer:.. To anyone who reads my post, please be aware...I'm joking!

5. DavidGP

Ned its 123456789-987654321

and LMAO is that NY 10017 is a parking garage on 310 E 46th Street! shady deals done there no doubt :)

6. bigbazza

Sorry Halo. :-o I posted it as a reminder to others that anti-spam rules don't always pick up spam sent to us. Not to encourage all MG members to submit their latest attempt to be spammed. Also to point out that they don't know my name despite the fact that I am the "inheritor" LOL

Bazza

===

7. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Whitelist, Bazza, whitelist. NOBODY emails me unless I specifically allow them.

Mind you, it takes a fair bit of dumpster-diving to get some legit mails, hehehe.

8. DavidGP

LMAO, bets quote of the week, nice one Mada.

@Bazza I have an idea on this, see new thread.

9. bigbazza

Halo, I caught your new thread. ;)
    Please lock this thread and link people to your new thread.

Thanks,

Bazza

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds