Mail stuck in Outlook Express outbox

Discussion in 'Software' started by bobcat250, Oct 4, 2006.

1. bobcat250

bobcat250 Private E-2

Hi;

For my first technical help request post, I'm going to be using a quote from another user who had the identical issue, asked the same question and went through the exact same steps I did to attempt a resolution. Their question was so perfectly worded, I couldn't help but be impressed and knew I couldn't say it any better!

Unfortunately, the board member requested all replys to be sent to their personal e-mail so no response was ever posted :confused: .

At any rate, here is the user's question (with minor changes for my own hardware), which, as I mentioned, is exactly identical to my own:

I have problem with Outlook Express, where by when a message is sent... the Outbox does not empty. I confirmed that the recepient had received the e-mail but the out box still contains the message. As a result of the message being stuck in the outbox, when the auto send/receive is activated, in my case every 10 minutes, all e-mails are sent again resoulting in multiple e-mails in the recepients inbox.

To try to rectify this problem, I have deleted the Outbox.dbx and folders.dbx files, however this solution did not work... When trying to send a new e-mail I got the same result. I also checked for spyware, adware and viruses with various programs.

The computer is a Compaq Presario with 256MB of memory and 20GB hard drive running Windows 98 SE.

Is there any other solution to this problem?

I'm hoping someone else has seen this same problem and can help.

Thanks!!

Dan

2. Mac S

Mac S Private E-2

delete the emails in outbox

if not working

go to the settings in outlook express

and read through the settings to see what is wrong

3. bobcat250

bobcat250 Private E-2

Thanks, Mac, for your help! I did delete the messages and tried again deleting the outbox.dbx file, but still giving an error when I try to send.

Something really strange with this program :confused:

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Maybe it's your Sent Items folder that's the problem. It may have become corrupt. Is yours very full? Do you ever compact it and your other local folders? Try creating a new folder and move all your sent messages into it. Then delete the Sent Items.dbx file like you did the Outbox one. Restart OE and compact all folders, then try sending mail again and see what happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds