Outlook Express~email with attachment stuck in outbox

Discussion in 'Software' started by red-bird, Mar 6, 2009.

1. red-bird

red-bird Private E-2

Hi, I'm having trouble sending mail. The emails are stuck in the outbox and won't send, move or delete. Everytime I click on them OE freezes completely. The emails have attachments though I don't know if this is relevent. I'm running XP. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

2. red-bird

red-bird Private E-2

I've done it! I searched for outbox.dbx (which, in my case, was in C:\Documents and Settings\s harvey\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{4559A4BD-43C4-45A9-A0B3-5E0C732C52A0}\Microsoft\Outlook Express), deleted this file ~ after closing Outlook Express ~ and then starting her up again. OE will make another outbox folder automatically on re-start and there you go. Recalcitrant emails gone~no more probs! By the way, if you do a 'search' for the file outbox.dbx, tick all the options for searching in hidden files etc. Also, I just put in .dbx just to widen my options. Reezult! Thank you, me!

3. Amethyst_08

Amethyst_08 Corporal

:clap Hey, that's great. I had just found this link and was going to post it, looks like you did just what it said.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262052

My Dad had the exact same thing happen to him a while back and his ISP ended up talking him through it, although I'm not sure how they fixed it.

4. red-bird

red-bird Private E-2

Having said all that~I then went back to my 'fixed' OE and found I couldn't delete any messages at all (at least from my googlemail email accounts, though the Hotmail ones were ok~all I could do was move unwanted messages to the 'deleted' folder in my Hotmail account and delete it from there). However, I did the same with the 'deleted.dbx' file as I did with the outbox one (deleted it) and that works too. Hope that helps someone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds