Outbox does not empty, messages stuck in outbox

Discussion in 'Software' started by nszen, Mar 20, 2005.

1. nszen

nszen Private E-2

Hi

I have problem with Outlook Express, where by when a message is sent and I see that Norton has scanned the outgoing messages, the Outbox does not empty. I confirmed that the recepient had received the e-mail but the out box still contains the message. As a resoult of the message being stuck in the outbox, when the auto send/receive is activated, in my case every 10 minutes, all e-mails are sent again resoulting in multiple e-mails in the recepients inbox.

To try to rectify this problem, I have deleted the Outbox.dbx file, however this solution did not work. I also changed the registry value for the Outlook Express in the registry from 1 to 0 so that I could re-install outlook express. The program re-installed when clicked on IEsetup.exe successfuly. When trying to send a new e-mailI got the same resoult. I also checked for spyware, adware and viruses with various programs.

I have Norton Internet Security 2005 Installed. The computer is an AMD 2600 with 512MB of memory and 60MB hard drive running Windows 2000 Pro.

Is there any other solution to this problem?

Please forward all replys to pcminds@pcminds2000.com.

Regards,

Nicholas
    </FONT>

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds