Emachine will not boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by laurenmisscc, Feb 2, 2009.

1. laurenmisscc

laurenmisscc Private E-2

Hi everyone.

I hope someone can help me i've seen people on here with similar problems but i thought i would post a message myself so i can get a direct message. I have a emachine i'm not exactly sure what model but it runs off of vista basic home. I moved the pc from one room in my house to another and when i reconnected the computer it would not turn on. Some days it would and others it wouldnt. Until one day it competely stopped booting up. No logo is displayed or anything. The fans are spinning and there is a green light on inside. I've only had the computer for about two years, and i would hate to just throwi away. If anyone knows anything that could help please do share i would really appreciate it

2. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

Welcome to MajorGeeks!

Is it possible that the connection to the monitor was not seated properly when it was reconnected?

3. laurenmisscc

laurenmisscc Private E-2

i wish it was that simple but no everything is properly connected.

4. CrushingSilence

CrushingSilence Private E-2

no display on boot up? if the monitor is correctly hooked up as you said could be a video card issue. that's if it's getting through the POST.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Moving a computer is often a cause for a vid card or other cards to get loose. You just need to open the case and make sure they are firmly seated.

If all cards are seated, then I would next try a different monitor or try that monitor on a different computer.

6. CrushingSilence

CrushingSilence Private E-2

oh, maybe also new monitor cable. going to assume you're getting power to your monitor so the power cord is good.

7. laurenmisscc

laurenmisscc Private E-2

yeah the power is on the monitor but it says no signal

8. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Again, open the case ( with the power unplugged) and reseat the vid card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds