Problem Burning CD

Discussion in 'Software' started by BeerMonkey, Apr 29, 2006.

1. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

I get this message when i try to burn.

Error: 'WRITE' command failed on device 0:0:0
    Unrecoverable hardware error (04h 00h 02h 04h 08h 03h)

The disc just pops out?!?!
    What is the problem?
    It's driving me nuts!

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Please keep posts in one forum, one thread. As the OP stated, we need more info:

What software are you using to burn the CD,
    What OS are you using,
    Machine specifics.

3. BeerMonkey

Windows Xp pro
    ive tried multiple programs same error or action
    1gb ram
    ummm, what other specifics are you looking for?
    and sorry about the double theard, i wasnt sure in which one i should put it in.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Brand of DVD or CD writer. Most likely it is EasyCD Creator that is causing the problem, if it is on your computer.

5. BeerMonkey

Hmm, i remember there being a error when i tried to burn with CD Burner XP Pro 3 about some program name. I think it was Easy cd creator altough i dont have it in Add Remove list...
    Brand: Samsung CD-R/RW SW-252S

6. BeerMonkey

anyone else with some help?

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

brownizs may be correct. Do a search for EasyCD Creator or Roxio and see if you have anything.

Steve

8. BeerMonkey

Searched both of those names.
    Only results were for Roxio.

LRoxioTarget.dll
    RoxioTarget.exe
    RoxioTarget.exe.local
    GotoRoxio.tif

All found in the folder "Program Files\Logitech\Video
    I do have Alcohol 120% installed. Could that have anything to do with it?

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I don't know what those files are, may not have anything to do with it. Maybe someone else will recognize them.

Steve

10. Doomster

Doomster Private E-2

If you have Media Player 10 installed, it let's you rip and burn CD's using your default CDRW drive configuration, therefore, less problems. Also check your BIOS settings, to make sure that your CD Burner is showing up in BIOS , as a writeable medium or removeable drive...If your BIOS doesn't recognise your drives, XP won't either. Check to make sure that your CD burner is set as the master drive on your Sata or Pata drive ribbons and also check any software burning CD application software that might be trying to use your CD or DVD drive , at the same time...this can cause conflicts between programs and will give you errors when burning. I hope this helps and Good luck

11. BeerMonkey

I just checked my BIOS.
    It tells the name of the drive.
    Samsung CD-R/RW SW-252S
    What in the world is wrong?!?!

12. Doomster

Doomster Private E-2

What about uninstalling the Roxio software and reinstalling it...might work?

13. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

BeerMonkey,

Exactly what CD burning program do you have installed?:)

14. BeerMonkey

I have CD BurnerXP Pro3, Acoustica(got it yesterday) and the one built in WMP.
    That's all of em, as far i know.

15. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Go into My Computer, and right click on your burner. Click on the properties tab, and then the Recording tab. If the first box "Enable CD recording on this drive" is checked, uncheck it, apply. Then try recording something and see if it helps!:)

16. marvelljones

marvelljones Private E-2

I have the same CD Burner, it came with my computer. I have Nero for my software, which I installed after uninstalling all the Roxio crap. Nero automatically disables WinXP's built in CD Burning capabilities, so perhaps this is your problem. If you are ok with Registry editing, follow the instructions here if none of the other suggestions here work:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/cd_burning.htm

If you are not comfortable with registry editing, find a program that will turn it on and off for you. I use FreshUI (among other things) when I am not feeling like doing it the geekier way. It's available here (they do ask for an email address) for free:

http://www.freshdevices.com/download.html

When you run it you will see the Hardware option, click it and then click the CD option that drops down. From there you will see CD Burning Option and you can turn it on and off easily, although it will probably ask you to restart.

What Novice said should work, but sometimes with certain programs you have to completely disable the built in CD Burning support. Hope this helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds