HP Deskjet 3940 light blinking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Triaxx2, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

So, like the title says, I have an HP Deskjet, 3940, with a very rapidly blinking light on the front. Not the steady light of normal function, or the slow blinker indicating a paper jam, or open cover. In fact the printer doesn't acknowledge the computer at all.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Unfortunately, those are all for the slow blinking light which is normal. Thanks anyway.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have you emailed HP? Is this a new printer?

5. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

I haven't tried yet, I was hoping to exhaust reasonable options before having to deal with the manufacturer. It's well beyond it's 30 minute warranty, so I'll have to pay for any repairs. And since it was a fourty-dollar printer, it'll automatically be cheaper to replace than repair.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds