Dont mind me, I'm another case modding thread!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cApNhOwDy, Apr 3, 2005.

1. cApNhOwDy

cApNhOwDy Private E-2

Today, I was doing my normal doings, when I came up with a fabulous idea for a case modding. I was thinking of either a fishtank or an antfarm. Yes, literally. While a fishtank DOES run an incredible risk of quite possibly killing me, burning down the house, or, worse yet, kill my computer, it would look EXTREMELY cool. [sarcasm]And hey, think about what it could do to help with the cooling!![/sarcasm] However, I'm absolutely no fish master, so I'm going to have to find out what a good tempature would be for the fish to live in, because I know that computers can get pretty durn hot.

The antfarm idea would probably be my best bet, because it doesnt require NEAR as much forwardthinking and is a fair amount less fatal. However, if the ants DID get out, that would be QUITE a mess :eek: .

Of course, I'm only 15, so I'm not about to risk my life/money with a fishtank case project, but I'm DEFINITELY going to plan ahead so that I could get it done in college.

Opinions? Comments? Rude Remarks? PETA complaints?

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Fish tank computers are cool and not that hard.
    If you start with a clear plastic case and have the fish tank pieces cut professionally it is unlikely you will have a leak. If it does leak, it will not hurt the computer, just drip on the floor. Using the water for water cooling is difficult as the fish don't like the temperature changes and the cooling system gets dirty from the fish and fish food.

http://www.atacom.com/program/ataco..._20_151&USER_ID=www&PAGE_LIST=case_clear_copy

http://www.myfishtank.com/default.asp?a=tanks

Have the tank shortened at a plastics store and glue it to the computer case.

3. BillD

BillD Private First Class

Lian Li has a premade fish tank for their cases. you might be able to use it for yours.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds