GeForce 6800 GS Driver Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by C-bro, Jan 2, 2006.

1. C-bro

C-bro Private E-2

Here's the breakdown of my system:

eVGA GeForce 6800 GS (PCI-E)
    Asus A8N-e
    2x512 OCZ Platinum EL PC3200
    Maxtor 40GB ATA100

It's having a problem recognizing the video card. It boots up and displays at 1Hz, but I can't install the drivers at all. When I run the CD that came with the card, my computer freezes completely. If I take the CD out, it goes back to normal. I figured it may be an issue with the CD, so I downloaded the drivers from eVGA's site, but whenever I try and run their driver setup programs, nothing happens. I double click and it doesn't freeze, just nothing happens.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on some fixes, or even diagnostics to find out what the problem is. Attached are two screenshots from dxdiag and PC Wizard 2005 of how the computer is recognizing the card.

Attached Files:

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

This is new Video card?
    Did you remove /uninstall the previous video card drivers?
    I suspect thats your problem.

3. C-bro

C-bro Private E-2

Everything was brand new, just put together. I tried and tried, and still had no luck with ANY of the eVGA software. The CD and driver setup programs never worked, and even their syscan was useless. However, I got drivers directly from nVidia and everything is running like a champ now. Very happy with the card itself. Not so much with the eVGA support.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

I typically rarely trust drivers for nvidia from NON-NVIDIA sites. Except for MG, which uses the Nvidia drivers.

5. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

I agree with theefool, Just go to nvidia.com and download the drivers from them, That's what i do with my fx5700.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds