How to Clean Registry on window 8 ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by kaylagarcia, Oct 21, 2014.

1. kaylagarcia

kaylagarcia Private E-2

I just want to confirm that there is any way to clean or scan registry on window 8 operating system without purchasing any software ?

Thanks in advance

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

I would recommend CCleaner to do the job.

3. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Some of the geeks here do not recommend using registry cleaners. If you are going to use one they suggest you backup your system before you do.:major

4. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

CCleaner on a uncleaned 7 or 8 the first time will show about 300 issues. Mostly activex. Listen to katkat and do a backup before trying this and be surer you know how to find the backup and merge it back to the registry before you try. I cleaned a 7 and 8 recently but that was after getting rid of all the live stuff on the 8 that I didn't need or want. Both still do every thing I ask of them. If you like all the apps to change with new info all the time probably I would hold off.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Ccleaner will suggest to backup the Registry before it cleans, I recommend this. I've seen on an older version of ccleaner, that caused issues because of this. I tend to scroll through the list to see what it "cleans" before I do it.

But, I'm quite familiar with what is good and bad to clean on my own computer.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If I see more than 25 things listed, I clean a small amount (always backing up the registry) and use the computer for a day or two before I run CCleaner again. I do another small batch, backup before cleaning and again run the computer for a day or two. I keep repeating until everything is cleaned.

7. isac

isac Private E-2

I use Auslogics Boost Speed 7 to clean up my system,and take good care of other problems,and my acer aspire v5 runs like new.;)

8. kaylagarcia

kaylagarcia Private E-2

You must try CCleaner latest version v4.18.4844 using both their portable and installable versions on a 64-bit version of Windows 8.1.

You can also use Wise Registry Cleaner tool including Registry Cleaner, System Tuneup, Registry Defrag, and Scheduler.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

So..you ask a question, then answer your own thread?:confused

10. isac

isac Private E-2

sorry dont know what i was thinking:-o

11. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

On 64 bit 8.1 I have to right click run as admin or everything reappears. Took a couple times till I figured out what was happening.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds