AES key absent

Discussion in 'Software' started by leeleebb1, Oct 21, 2014.

1. leeleebb1

leeleebb1 Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with a Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN mini-card. Im using a verizon Wireless Router which is a few months old. All of a sudden when we connect under "wpa Personal (PSK) the connection only stay up a few mins then it drops it says Encryption type AES key absent. If I change authentication from wpa personal to shared then it works but I understand this is not the safest way to be online. I had not changed anything on my computer. I know the password for the connection is correct and my husbands computer is connected to it. I have gone through so many different forums and q&a's about it and I am just so irritated that nothing has helped. Is there anyone who could possible tell me how I can try to fix this connection so I can actually use my laptop?

2. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I googled 'AES key absent' and the first 2 pages were all dell and the 1300 series cards from 1305 ti 1395. Most all said same as you other modes worked fine. One report was a registry change to the refresh rate 15 seconds worked. Another was an update from broadcom for the card.But for some these didn't work. Since you can change modes I assume you can log on to your router. Does it have an upgrade driver or firmware option? I use wireless on this desktop without a card. Thumbdrive style instead. 1 a cisco ae2500 the other a netgear wnda4100. Both let me choose. If your card won't reliably support the mode you desire might be good to look at other options.

3. leeleebb1

leeleebb1 Private E-2

Thanks so much I'll check for updates and look into your other suggestions

4. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

You say your husband's connects so maybe the brand he's using also makes one to work in your computer? At least then you already are aware of it's performance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds