[Keyboard] Code 19 Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by jacklantern, Oct 21, 2014.

1. jacklantern

jacklantern Private E-2

Keyboard: rapoo n2500 USB Keyboard
    System: Win7 32bit

Everytime I logged onto Windows, my keyboard wont work (At BIOS/POST, keyboard works though). At device manager, under Human Interface Device (HID), shows a USB Input Device is on error (code 19) which as it turns out, is related to my keyboard.

I uninstall it and scan to automatically reinstall it and is always successful. But every time I restart my computer, this error comes back.

Things I've tried so far:
    - Transferred USB port to another port at the back of the computer
    - Re-installed all USB Controllers/HID
    - Tried this and this
    - Applied a MS FixIt for this problem (Clears certain Upper/Lower Filters at registry and reinstalls the device).

Can anyone help?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

It's possible that a registry setting has become corrupted. Download, unzip, and run Windows Repair from Tweaking.com. The program is free and requires no installation. Some of the steps are optional - you have to decide whether you want to do all of them. On tab 6 (Start Repairs), click Start and wait while a registry backup is performed. A new window will open. On the left check only the first box and ensure the others are uncheck. If the problem isn't fixed, have a look at the other options by clicking on them - a short description will be displayed on the right.

Here's the link:
    http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

I found this program thanks to MajorGeeks. It repaired my Windows Update and Windows Firewall that was disabled - after I tried 3(!) FixIt solutions.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. jacklantern

jacklantern Private E-2

Didn't work. Error still persists.

My registry values are exactly the same as hers. I had nothing to change.

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Is this a bluetooth device?

If so, Click START, then type in devmgmt.msc, press enter

What is Bluetooth support service set as? Is it manual or automatic? If manual, set as automatic.

6. jacklantern

jacklantern Private E-2

Its a USB keyboard.

7. jacklantern

jacklantern Private E-2

Shameless over-a-month-later bump!

I am not giving up!

8. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Have you tried another?

9. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Have you tried another keyboard?

BTW I use a 10-year old Sahara PS2 multimedia keyboard under Windows 7 Ultimate, and all 18 multimedia keys and the scroll wheel work.

10. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Some newer machines no longer have PS2 ports. Or IDE either.

11. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

E-mail support is available from Rapoo for related issues.
    Support E-mail: as@rapoo.com

Since I'm in the US, the site will not show me anything about the n2500 keyboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds