PS2 recording? capture PS2 video!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shadowskater, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Shadowskater

Shadowskater Private E-2

Hey whatz up all, i got a question for you guyz! Alrighty i want to record video off my ps2 (as in playstation2) onto my computer, and i have no clue how id do this, like would i get a cable of some sort to route an output to my computer? and a program to play it and some thing to record it, i know if i can get it to play on my computer i could use camtasia studio to record it! but i have no idea how to go about of doing this, anyone that can help, i appreicate it soo much, thx so much in advacne!

2. harry hu ha

harry hu ha Private First Class

i know if you have your ps2 hooked up through a vcr you can record it on there by pressing record while playing but thats all i know about the subject
    :)

3. Shadowskater

Shadowskater Private E-2

hahaha thx, but yah i knew that :p soo iono anyone else know anything come on someone must know, you guys never let me down!, THX in advance to anyone who furthur tries to help me!

4. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

they do have video recording PCI cards for PCs ... Im not familiar with any of them except ATIs ALL-IN-WONDER series ... but ive never used any of them so I couldn;t recommend ... i know both nvidia and ati make stand alones as well as other companies ... i would take a look at both their websites and google ... maybe someone else here is more familiar with them

5. Shadowskater

Shadowskater Private E-2

6. Burrito

Burrito Private E-2

yes that card would get the job done. if you dont want that exact one just make sure that u get a card with composite video input

7. Burrito

Burrito Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds