7800 GT cooking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samthunder, Dec 1, 2007.

1. samthunder

samthunder Private First Class

I'm troubleshooting some issues that my computer has been having for several months and I THINK I've got some overheating issues. According to "Speedfan" my core temps and others are all in the 35-50c range; but there are two "undesignated" temp readings that list at 126c immediately on startup. Whether this is a bug or i configured wrong or what is unclear, but regardless I'd like to try and get my CPU and RAM to run cooler as the rest of it seems to be pretty cool but those two pieces are fairly warm to the touch.

I currently use this fan added to this case and neither one seems to be moving much air at all. I have had the side of my case off for a while because I've been digging around in it trying to solve this problem for a long time. Is that part of the problem somehow? Maybe it ruins the windtunnel effect? Anyways, if someone has some advice on how to adjust the speed of my fans higher and/or add a third fan somewhere to that case, please post. Thanks much.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

126c would be ~259 degrees F....thats enough to burn you severely. What you are actually seeing are the results of non-existent thermal sensors.

Ignore them.

3. samthunder

samthunder Private First Class

A follow-up question. I bought two case fans, and both have these little tiny power connectors (I think they'd be called 3-pin?). One of them came with an adapter for a 4-pin. I have used all my 3 pin power connectors, and I was wondering if I can buy more of the adapters somewhere?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds