can't delete DOTNET TEMP FILES!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kaddock, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Kaddock

Kaddock Private E-2

I installed a dotnet update, and have now had this folder on my slave for a long time: D:\8b7b056c73d5e2e438824638. It contains D:\8b7b056c73d5e2e438824638\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFX20 which contains the windows installer patches ASPNET, clr, crt, dw, Netfx20a_x86, NetFX_CA, NetFX_Core, NetFX_Other, prexp, and winforms... I have tried deleting, safe mode deleting it, researching it... HELP???!!!

:(

2. risk_reversal

risk_reversal MajorGeek

boot to safe mode with command prompt. Locate the folder which in your case seem to be at D:\ root.

Then type RD name of folder /S

The RD command deletes the folder, the S switch will remove all files and subfolders. There is a space in between the name of the folder and the forward slash.

Good Luck

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Options to delete this errant file maybe,

1. Pocket Killbox
    2. MoveOnBoot this one, once you dragNdrop the file or browse for its location, deletes the file on reboot, so any applications that have locked the file are not running so cannot lock it before deletion.. my fav!
    3. Unlocker

Also if the above dont work in normal mode then boot to safe mode and try the above tools again,

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Note to Halo

I get a "File Not Found...Please inform us about this problem" error on the link for
    MoveOnBoot.

dr.m

5. DavidGP

Cheers Dr M

Will update my link as it now is this one Move On Boot

6. Kaddock

Kaddock Private E-2

well, i tried deleting in safe mode, no luck, access denied it says... well, i will try those three programs and check back!

;)

7. DavidGP

8. Kaddock

Kaddock Private E-2

thanks halo, i should have found that myself... anyway, none of those three programs took care of the problem, but in safe mode i was able to take ownership and delete!!! thanks everyone. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds