trojan dns changer Vista Cleaning Procedure, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Discussion in 'Software' started by arnie4, Jun 2, 2009.

1. arnie4

arnie4 Private First Class

Hello there on major geeks, firstly thanks for reading this, also thanks for all the help you have given me in the past, as its work for me.

I am following the instructions on how to Vista Cleaning Procedure, for the virus called Trojan dns changer, i have managed to run the SUPERAntiSpyware, and it did find a few things, but now i cannot load Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, i have managed to install it, after re naming it following the instructions Rename the downloaded mbam-setup.exe file to mb.exe to help work around certain malware that will block it from being run.
    It will not run a scan at all, it just will not load, up it doesn't even say anything , like there is a problem loading it doesn't even come on the screen loading and say there is a problem loading.
    I am novice but i do follow the instructions, i even printed all the pages off this site to follow the instruction on how to remove malware.
    this Trojan is really bad , its taken my windows explorer over, seem to have better run of it for the moment, on Mozilla , as for anything else nothing. i will not let me open spybot-sd either.
    It is also telling me,the dns is wrong. I know whats causing the problem,its just that i really am stuck, when the things i need to use to remove the problem,will not load.
    hope you understand what i have written, and thanks for any help you mite have for me. Arnie

2. arnie4

thanks for that , didn't realize i had posted it in 2 places. as for doing every step a mean every step, that's all i have done for the last 2 days, i know what i have to do and i follow everything to the letter, i gace done it all before, as i said, i printed out all the things i needed to do and followed them to the letter, i follow it all to the letter.
    however, it still does not solve the problem of why i cannot in either safe mode or normal mode load malwarebytes, even when i have change the file name, I have found some of the problems with the superantispyware, so i am doing what it is telling me to do. It will not load up malwarebytes. I do not have any other computer to use either.
    thank you for letting me know and thanks for the heads up about my double post.

3. arnie4

haha i replied to myself then sorry
    thank you for the advie Domluc, yes it is very frustrating, l i did have this problem before a long time ago, and i used major geeks to help me with that, that is why i printed everything out, and floowed it like i did before, am still on the same computer when i had the problem last time. its hard to post when you have nothing to post, results i mean. its like it don't won't me to repair it, when i do something to try and get rid then it stops me or over rides me. thanks again and yes i have thought about doing the format , i did think about this morning, just don't won't to lose the pictures of my daughter, that's why i need to get it sorted myself.
    i know i need to be patient, i thought i would be able to fix it, like i did last time, the trojan must have gotten stronger. thanks for reading mate, just have to see how i get on!

take care arnie

4. arnie4

Hiya Domluc i have no problem in answering any questions at all with you, as thats what am here for, to help myself to fix the problem. so no worries with what you ask me.

to the first question, yes i did run superantispyware today and last night, last night it found 39 problems , but it kept of freezing, today i managed to scan it in safe mode and the modem disconnected. i found 3 things with that scan. so i have to find the log for that?? and send it to malware? , the only reason i have not posted the results is, it says post all th logs at the same time, but i understand now if i need to post it, if i am not getting any further with the problem i have got.

to question number 2, no i have not used the scans you have just posted , because the problem i have stops me from doing so, so i am unable to get any logs that way,hope that make sense. also my internet connection , keep going off an being taking over by the trojan changer.

I will not try and do the alternative scan and try and find the post for the log from the superantispyware.

thnaks for being so quick Arnie :):)

5. arnie4

i have attached the log to the malware site

6. arnie4

thanks again, i will try and do the online scan, am sorry but i have lost one page of the download of how to do all this, , so i missed the online scan, i will try that now and see what happens.
    i have posted the log from the superantispyware thanks again mate!

7. arnie4

how do i attach the online scan to the thread? am using trend micro at the moment, as i cannot use Internet Explorer for anything, it keeps redirecting me to pay for things web sites. am using Mozilla at the moment!!

8. arnie4

thanks i will try my best, they are not all supported on mozilla some won't run, and as i said earlier Internet Explorer will not work.
    just tried a rootkit and it said my system operation not supported, so i will try as many as possible mate thank you!

9. arnie4

had to scrap the trend scan it froze on me, managed to used the bitdefender, with the internet explorer though, taking long time to scan mate!!

10. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you are going thru a router, you will need to reset it to factory settings.

11. arnie4

not got a router Tim its cable modem!

12. arnie4

13. arnie4

hello again dom sorry for leaving this with you, not sure where am supposed to post it a just need some help, i don't won't to lose the pictures of my daughter, they are from her being 2 till now , she is 5, so many year of them. so the new thing is the speed of my pc,
    i run on 20meg download, today my computer is running on about 0.50meg, super slow its worse than dial up. i usually get a min of 14meg download speed. it is really sad, would it fixed if i repaired it with my windows vista disc, not a full format, just the repair part on the disc??
    please asking for help thank you dom

14. arnie4

i understand that , i have an external hard drive m8 which was not plugged in to the tower when i got this virus , so the virus or trojan or whatever isn't in the external hard drive, but i think if i try and move the files of my hard drive to my external hard drive, that i would only pass the virus to the external hard drive then , that way i would lose even more.
    is it possible to move my things from the computers hard drive to my external hard drive, with out the virus going in there to??

thanks for the answers mate!:)

15. arnie4

thanks a lot for that Dom. i would never of thought of doing that emailing them to myself , that's well cool, thanks a lot Dom :)

16. arnie4

i finely got the malwarebytes to run after 3 days lol. what ever Tim did when he told me to do must of got it out of the registry. that seem to make it work, then as i was scanning it still tried to stop me from scanning, it kept saying, that my software was not responding, its a really nasty bloody trojan i know that mate.
    thanks again :):)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds