Pc turn on and immediately turn off after 2 seconds(with external gpu)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barikolkol, May 28, 2012.

1. barikolkol

barikolkol Private E-2

HI TO ALL:
    im having a problem with my pc that i mostly used..heres the situation :
    my pc is working fine suddenly 1 day it slows and slightly hanging so i restarted it after restart problem occurs it powers on(all running: fans,hdd,dvd rom,cpu fan)then after 2 seconds it goes off automatically.so then i open the case and reseated all components(i know some basic troubleshooting) i tried to power on again and same things happen turn off after 2 seconds. i remove the gpu and connect my monitor to the onboard, so it starts finally and get me to "loading windows "then it go black screen, i restart it again by pressing the restart button and i boot trough enable vga mode by pressing f8.then it boots and it loads the windows and i can use it normally only on vga mode..so i downloaded the latest driver of my gpu's onboard and external.i uninstalled the drivers through vga mode then restart,again loading windows then black screen,restart againd and boot through vga mode install the updated drivers then reboot,loading windows then black screen with some pixelate flickering cursor on screen. (to make it short it only boots on enable vga mode..then i go replacing my psu with working from another pc and same thing happened..so then i reformat my pc and didnt installed any gpu including the onboard i disabled it..and its working fine with that..

note* with my external gpu installed it goes off after 2 seconds it power on.
    with my onboard gpu enabled it gives black screen after loading.
    i also tried the other working external gpus and samething happens..
    WORKING NORMALLY WITHOUT EXTERNAL GPU AND DISABLED ONBOARD GPU.
    --so maybe its my mobo is bad suspecting my pci slot section..anybody can help me ??2 days trying to fix but still i cant..thanks in advance..

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Can you post your computer specs,along with your operating system,your external gpu name Is this an external gpu or an internal PCI-E video card?

Can you also post the wattage of your power supply.

At a guess I would say your power supply isn't powerful enough to run the card. "2 seconds off" Is this a new card and what was the reason for the change? On the black screen error this sounds like a basic driver error.

In either case remove 'external' video card from your computer, download the latest drivers for your os and internal video card from the manufacturers website go to; control panel,programs and delete ALL video card related drivers then run this program.

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

Delete ALL drivers.

Turn on your onboard video card in bios

Now install the downloaded driver for your on board video card,does your onboard work now?

EDIT OOPS! Welcome to the forum!:)

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  3. barikolkol

barikolkol Private E-2

Hi sir Ricky,thanks for replyin..

heres the specs..
    CPU : AMD ATHLON II X2 240 PROCESSOR
    2813MHZ L2 CACHE 2048KB 32BIT
    MAINBOARD; EMX-MCP61M-iCAFE BY EMAXX TECH. INC.
    MEMORY MODULE: BANK1 2048MB DIMM
    PSU: 550 W

sir its an internal pcie video card (when its installed it on for 2 seconds-and goes off)
    its not a new card im using it for 6 months..GF210 1024M DDR3 64B

i also did the uninstalling and running the software and same things happend also formatted it and here it is working without any gpu installed..
    i also replace it with working psu but only 500w(the 1 thats available..

the last bsod i rememberd is this stop error 0x0000007f(0x00000008,0x80042000) but i reformat already..

*my question sir why i get black screen after loading if my onboard gpu is installed/enabled??

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , what is your antivirus programme ? :wave

5. barikolkol

barikolkol Private E-2

im using avast sir

6. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Sorry for the late reply but I've made it a good one;)

Summary for avid readers-

Your PSU is fine you've tried alternate,your drivers are up to date,clean and correct,you've tried a reformat,the card has been working in the past and your onboard video also doesn't work with a black screen before windows with pixelated artefacts.You've received a BSOD prior to the black screen and the computer has turns off after 2 seconds.

At this point in time I would say its definitely a hardware issue shutting off after 2 seconds is most definitely a hardware issue as its during the POST test but which one is the question,it's almost impossible to know without running some tests so I cannot tell you outright only give supposition.

I would guess either a motherboard or memory issue,the memory issue could be cause when a certain bad block of memory is accessed by the video as it shares the memory with the cpu but this doesn't fully explain the video card problem,what could possibly explain both these problems is a faulty motherboard chipset,can you check your motherboard chipset fan is spinning,if it doesn't have one can feel the side of the heatsink to see how warm it is?

Run this program and post your maximum temperatures before and during the tests.

http://majorgeeks.com/SpeedFan_d337.html

Run this program to test your memory,its will run in vga mode,alternatively for a more conclusive test download the ISO in the second link and make a boot disk which will test every scrap of memory.

Windows version

http://www.majorgeeks.com/MemTest_d350.html

bootable ISO version

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Memtest86_d1247.html

Next run this test in vga mode which will test your cpu.

CPU test

http://majorgeeks.com/IntelBurnTest_d5987.html

After the test is complete post your Gflop score then run this test.

http://www.passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm

Run the cpu test and post your cpu score

These tests may not find the problem but they can help toward eliminating causes. Have you tried a different monitor BTW,also make sure your monitor is connected to your video card when your install it,ignore if that's what you did.

Check the motherboard for bulging or leaking capacitors also,especially around the cpu.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. barikolkol

barikolkol Private E-2

ok sir thx for the instruction ill post all result as i finish..right now it doesnt boot but after a while it will..

anyway in having beeps that i cant determined it 2 beeps when booting..1st is the normal beep then it will follow the short beep.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds