BattleField Vietnam problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by OmegaGen, Apr 1, 2004.

1. OmegaGen

OmegaGen Private E-2

Hello everyone, alright my problem i hope is simple, but I have no solution to it. I load a mission/map and when its doen the loading theres like a backround in the back where you can pick you're guns ect, well all the docks/boats and boxed laying on the ground are purple when you get close to them, other than that there fine. The graphics seem to cartoony, but my main problem is getting the purple out, my gun sometimes is purple too

My computer specs are

Windows XP
    Pentium 4 2.5 gzh
    511 ddram
    120 gigs hard drive
    G-Force 4 MX 420 64 mb video card

PLease any help will be apriciated, I want to get this game working

2. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Good afternoon,
    I had the same problem with BFV. What you need to do is go to your options and turn off the lightmap setting. That should fix the prob. Also you might want to look into a newer graphics card. I am running a 5200 Ultra 128MB and it starting to struggle.
    Cooked

3. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Yea it's the MX card man sorry. I've been reading around alot of Battlefield boards and it seems that while it will run the game, you're not going to have the best experience.

The game is also a huge ram monster. ;)

My Specs:
    Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
    Athlon XP2600+
    1.5gigs Corsair PC2700 DDR 333MHz
    ASUS V9280 Geforce4 Ti4200 128MB
    2 x 120gig IBM Deskstar in a RAID 0
    LG 16x DRD-8160B DVD
    LG GCE 8240b 24x10x40 CD-RW
    Farralon NIC - Cable Internet
    AC97 Avance Logic ALC650
    Polk-Audio AMR150 speakers
    NEC AccuSync AS70 17"
    Windoze XP Pro

I'm running the game @ 1024x768 32bit & pulling 70-80fps on most maps. It sometimes dips to like 40-50 but not to often.

4. Sn0zz

Sn0zz Private E-2

So short of adding more memory how can i reduce the amount of time the sys spends accessing the page file..?

(sory for the hijack dude but i need to know, you know) :)

5. Hologram

Hologram Private E-2

I also have an issue with my copy of BF:V. The game runs great for about 10 minutes or so, then a gray pattern appears on my screen. It looks almost like I'm looking through the squares on "Hollywood Squares." When I look certain directions, it disappears. However, it is screwing up my playing experience. I have updated the drivers on my vid card.

Specs: 2.8Ghz Intel PIII
    512MB RAM
    Nvidia GEForce FX 5200

Hologram

6. JDWyat

JDWyat Private E-2

I've downloaded and installed the latest patch.. it claimed to address booting to the desktop, etc..

I'm running on two machines, and the problem is consistent with both..

Soyo k7vmp2
    athlon xp 2400+
    768 mb 266ddr
    eVGA fx5200 128
    80 gb hd space
    win XP pro (new install) problems happened with the win 2k pro as well
    onboard audio

Second:
    Soyo ultra plat dragon kt600
    athlon xp 2600+
    1024mb 333ddr
    eVGA fx5200 256mb
    200 gb hd space
    win XP pro
    onboard audio

any response would be appreciated..
    on the first machine you can open the game .. click multiplayer, then online and lan.. back and forth will either kick you to the desktop or reboot.. intermittent.
    but cannot maintain more than say 30 min most game time..
    no problems anywhere else..

7. Rezin8r

Rezin8r Private E-2

i'm having exactly the same problem as you.... what did you do to fix it? I dropped the graphics acceleration down on my advanced graphics settings within windows and it seemed to fix it..... but it also reduced my textures and and such....

8. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I totally agree about the amount of RAM you have helping with Battlefield. Not only does it help the game run smoother, but it also helps to make the map load faster. I started playing this game with 512megs, then went to 1gig & WOW!!!!. Now I'm at 1.5gigs & I'm always one of the first into the game & I dont get hardly any lag at all.

As far as the bad graphics issue. New drivers might help with the colors & 32bit mode will help alot, but I'm afraid you will need a better card to have smoother gameplay.

9. aLLiKZar

aLLiKZar It's not too late to back out!

agreed with suesman and mastertech with the ram. this game uses a lot
    of it so the more you have the better! i started with 512 then moved on up to 1.5gig and works flawlessly. quick loads and gameplay is faster.

With the video card you have you are not going to get great results with this game. Might want to start saving up for an upgrade.

10. subzeromind

subzeromind Private E-2

I see from the replies that I came to the right place. I am having a problem with battlefield vietnam. Whenever I run the game it is extremely choppy and the rendering is terrible.
    I am using a geforce fx 5900xt which I have been told should run anything out now with ease.
    I also have a 2.8ghz p4 and 512 mb of ram. I just got the internet on my system today so I have only installed the nvidia drivers that came with the card and bfvm. I have been told it might be the nvidia drivers and I actually have not gone to the nvidia website to download any drivers because I am not certain what is going on. Any help will be extremely appreciated....

11. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I'm running the 61.11 drivers with my Ti4200 & I've not had any kind of problems with any flavor of Battlefield since. :cool:

12. Fraunzonk

Fraunzonk Private First Class

I have a ATI Radeon 9000 w/ 128mb ram and 512 mb system ram and that seems to run the game just fine. Never had ne problems with video in the game. When hosting i'll get choppy a bit when i go into crowded areas but i suppose if i upgraded my ram that problem would be solved. Also, if you play online, make sure you have the internet connection to be able to run the game, don't try to play on dial-up. I highly suggest if ur gonna upgrade your videocard to get an ATI card. Much nicer graphics

13. Strike

Strike Private E-2

Hey guys
    Can you people help me.
    I just brough BFV today and ive got problems now first...
    1.I cant see buildings
    2.After about 10 mins of play the game falls back to windows desktop :mad:
    3.0ghz Athlon xp
    512ddr
    Msi KT400 mainboard
    128 mb winfast my vivo (dont know the rest)

I used to play this game at me mates house until now but im not happy for it dont work properly please help guys!!!

14. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

OK maybe try this........

Open Explorer, then go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings, Now open the VideoDefault.con file using Notepad. Edit the line renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0, change the 0 to 1 & save.

Not exactly positive this will cure the problems, but I know it does help with alot of video problems in all the Battlefield games.

15. Elite_gamer

Elite_gamer Private E-2

hi
    I have the copied version of battlefield vietnam, and the problem is that i can't install it. when it reaches 16% it crashes. it says that "something" can not be found in the media, but it doesn't say that i have to insert the second or third cd-rom. then it shuts down. can someone please help me with this problem.

thanks, Jos

16. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Copied version?

17. enigma machine

enigma machine Private E-2

testing sig

18. Hooper

Hooper Private E-2

I think maybe my system is insuff. But I have loaded all new drivers and BFV runs fine offline BUT online my system crashes when ever it gets hectic or I am killed...any suggestions? Thanks

Sysspecs:
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
    Video Driver : nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version : 6.14.10.6693
    Sound Card : VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)
    Sound Driver : viaudio.SYS
    Driver Version : 6.14.01.3880
    DirectX : DirectX 9
    CPU Type : 1001 MHz AuthenticAMD Thunderbird
    6 4 2
    RAM : 384 MB Total
    : 156 MB Free
    Virtual RAM : 946 MB Total
    : 758 MB Free
    Operating System Windows XP Service Pack 2 5.1.2600
    Current Mode (Primary) : 800x600 32
    Primary display device
    Description : NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
    Manufacturer : NVIDIA
    Video Memory : 128 MB
    Main Driver : nv4_disp.dll
    Version : 6.14.10.6693

19. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

20. Hooper

Hooper Private E-2

Got it - thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds