new spyware disables internet via winsock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oficespacegrl, Sep 20, 2004.

1. oficespacegrl

oficespacegrl Private E-2

Dear All,

I had scanned and found hundreds of spyware on this PC at work. I deleted all and then my internet did not work. I ran CDM and researched the IPConfig/renew and it reported a error with the socket. This is when I knew my winsock was damaged. Everything else showed the internet should work but some peice of spyware or the way it is deleted damages the winsock. If you all need this winsock fix let me know. Recently the same thing happedn to a friend so it may be brand new spyware current within the past week or so. It started by slowing down all processes on the PC.
    Note: I am not a complete geek but i am learning.

Sincerely,
    oficespacegrl

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

FYI that kind of spyware has been around for a while; and actually I think that particular result is caused by a dialer trojan. We have the Winsock Fix listed here at Major Geeks ;)

3. oficespacegrl

I feel so silly, thanks. Its all new to me. The puter just got slow all of a sudden. Now if I could figure which processes on this puter are needed or not that would be great. I have much to learn.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

www.blackviper.com is a good place for that. Though it appears his site is down at the moment.

5. ehoward_tx

ehoward_tx Private E-2

I'm having this same problem...please help!!!

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

ehoward,
    Please post a new thread regarding your problem so that your problem may be the primary context of the thread.
    Thank you!

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Hey Office Space Girl.. I used to hang around Mahopac all the time! Is the Olympic diner still alive and kickin? Man, I miss those 3am breakfasts after a night out causing trouble :)

8. oficespacegrl

yes its there. i been here 3yrs and ate there once. was born and raised in yonkers, hang out in pleasantville alt thewse days.thornwood diner is my stop.

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

My mom lived in yonkers until she was 16. I cruised pleasantville a few times. Wow, just seeing the Town name "Mahopac" really bring back some fun memories! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds