shared printer wont print off of home network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wsmitty, Jun 7, 2007.

1. wsmitty

wsmitty Private E-2

I have 2 printers on a desktop. I have a HP laserjet and Lexmark inkjet. They are both shared in my network. Usually, I can print from my wireless laptop to either of them. All of a sudden, I can't print to my LJ anymore. I checked and I still can print from the desktop to it, but through the wireless network it doesn't. The laptop sees the printer and looks like it is printing, but nothing comes out.

I am running XP Pro on both machines and hooked to a D-Link wireless router over Verizon DSL.

I have tried deleting the printer and then readding it, still to no avail.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Are both these printer hooked to the desktop and shared? or is the HP on a deskjet? (I think that is the name of the network card)

3. wsmitty

wsmitty Private E-2

Yes, both of these printers are hooked up to the desktop and shared. the laserjet is a 2100 and the inkjet is a Lexmark 42Z

4. wsmitty

wsmitty Private E-2

If I go to the printer itself, I can see the properties, and everything looks fine.

If I try to print from a webpage I get this:
    unknown error
    res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg
    Do you want to continue to run script?

If I print from Word or something, it says that it cannot print due to current printer setup.

Sometimes it says that it cannot print because driver is not installed. But it is clearly there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds