playground skeleton application

Discussion in 'Software' started by DontLookEthel, Mar 28, 2011.

1. DontLookEthel

DontLookEthel Private E-2

Playing a game that I downloaded from Shockwave. Game quit and I received the following:

playground skeleton application has encountered an error

I don't have a clue as to what this means. I tried to google it, but not much there and what there was WAYYYYYY over my head. Do I need to be concerned?

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Maybe your computer is too fast for it ;).

3. DontLookEthel

DontLookEthel Private E-2

Oh! How lovely! I always thought my computer ran pretty pokey - LOL!

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Try uninstalling it and then re-download it and install it fresh.

5. ssh49tn

ssh49tn Private E-2

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game player, & the game site, but it didn't work. When I tried to download the Playground Skeleton app, it brought up a page to scan my drivers to see if they needed updated, but to fix the problem, you had to buy their software. So, I didn't buy it. Any other suggestions to bypass this?

6. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Sounded like malware to me at first, then i googled and it appears to be some game developing application. Google really doesn't have much to say about it. Personally I don't like the looks of it. I personally wouldn't use it, but I will defer to one of our resident pros. Hang tight .

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  7. ssh49tn

ssh49tn Private E-2

Thanks, FEDUP. I figured there was something off about it, so I didn't do anything with it. I only get that error on certain games on that particular site, & they are SUPPOSED to be compatible with my Vista program. Yeah, right! LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds