only myspace refuses to open on firefox or ie6

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Port-O-San, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Firefox works flawlessly - love it - and have had sooo much less security issues - thanks to the builders!!!
    But....
    Tina cannot open www.myspace.com with either firefox or ie6. Every other webpage in the world seems to open fine, only myspace is at issue.
    I have zero idea what could have caused this, as no changes were made in any settings within a week of this issue occurring........
    She's making me CRAZY because she's a real myspacehead and needs her fix.
    Any ideas?????????
    Blessings,
    Port-O-San

2. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Addendum:
    This issue seems specific to this computer because the other computer on same internet connection goes to this page.
    Have searched through all settings I know of and www.myspace.com is not excluded or limited in any way.
    Same issue on IE6 and Firefox, so issue seems a system issue = have searched firewall settings, no exclusions there.
    Am beyond my knowledge on this issue (which seems normal to me :confusedrolleyes
    Have checked all settings in Firefox add ons and found no exceptions.
    Got any idearz? I'm totally stumped :eek:.
    Thanks and Blessings,
    Port-O-San

3. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Have tried the Mozillazine forums to no avail - went through near to six hours' work tracing through all they told me to try.
    Ideas please? HEEEEEEEEELP!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Check the tools > internet options > privacy and Sites for it listed as blocked, if its listed delete that listing, and/or add it as Allowed in the same area paste the myspace.com URL in and click Allow.

Also incase of a bad dns listing in the cache, delete/flush your dnscache, to do this close IE or another browsers, then open up a Command Prompt and type or paste this in bold ipconfig /flushdns

at times negative entries get stuck and no matter how many times you try and open they will not, may not be the fix but worth trying.

5. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Halo - did so, returned message of "system unable to flush" ever seen that? Where do we go from here?
    And, in case you're not watching the shoutbox, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays whatever your beliefs are, be blessed!
    Port-O-San

6. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

HOSTSMAN fixed the issue! Downloaded, installed, ran, disabled hosts, updated, enabled hosts, VIOLA!
    Thanks for taking a stab at this difficult problem, Halo!
    Blessings,
    Port-O-San

7. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Addendum: Used HOSTSMAN to delete all myspace.com entries = fixed it for keeps.;)

8. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Addendum: I now believe that SPYBOT S&D created the original issue with it's "Immunize" feature.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds