no audio...realtek problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by lovely_virgp, Sep 28, 2008.

1. lovely_virgp

lovely_virgp Private E-2

:eek: before i pull my hair out may i please have help with this? i recently had my computer repaired at staples because of hard drive problems.they guy gave me a new hard drive and reinstalled windows.everything is well except i have no sound at all,it dosent even show up in the lower right had corner of my task bar,i try to install the drovers for my acer 3640 from the acer site but it gets to a certain point and displays a "drive install fail" message. so i came on here and found a simmilar plroblem to mine,i did all the steps, deleted the UAA Hi-Def Bus driver ,reinstalled the realtek driver, restarted my system and still nothing. i dot know what to do at this point,please help a girl out guys:cry

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

First we need a little bit of info.

Post a make and model # if your PC is manufactured (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.)

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Now come back here to your thread.
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box (near the bottom of the page), scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

3. lovely_virgo

lovely_virgo Private E-2

sorry to maka another username but i failed the login quota and and i cant wait 15 mins,so sory i hope i didnt brake any rules but here is my report

Attached Files:

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

First, go into the BIOS and make sure the on board audio is enabled. Usually you press either F2 or Del right when powering on the PC, but it might be F1 or F10 or something else. Because of the way ATI chipsets tend to work, you will need to install the video drivers again, because the chipset drivers are usually bundled into the video driver. So, click this link and select "vga_ati" from the Windows XP drop down menu. Then download the audio driver from the same menu. They will be zip files so extract the files to folders. Then click this link to download the UAA driver (aka KB888111.exe). You may already have it, but download it anyway. Once everything has been downloaded, go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any sound drivers that may be installed already. Restart the PC if prompted. Now, install the video/chipset drivers first. Restart when they're finished. Then install KB888111. Restart the PC if prompted. If at any point Windows starts the New Hardware Wizard for the sound drivers, cancel it. Now, go into the Device Manager; there should be a question mark ? under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers. Right click it and select Properties. Select Reinstall Driver. Do NOT use the install automatically function; you want to click Have Disk and point the wizard to the Audio\WDM folder (in the unzipped audio driver folder). If you get a warning about the driver being unsigned, or not guaranteed, go ahead and install anyway. Then restart your PC even if you're not prompted. That should do it!
    Let us know how it goes!

:confused You can't wait 15 minutes? Or you didn't want to wait 15 minutes. Patience is a good thing my friend... and so is remembering your password and user name ;)

Oh.... welcome to Major Geeks! :wave :major

5. lovely_virgo

lovely_virgo Private E-2

okay i did what u asked but ran into two problmes along the way first problem is i got and error message when tyring to install the vga i incliuded a pic in an attachment second problem is there is nol audio on board when i checked the bios by clicking f12,

Attached Files:

6. lovely_virgp

lovely_virgp Private E-2

May i still have help with this?:cry

7. duda

duda Private E-2

which "Realtek"> driver, or WinFast\WFDTV\DVBTAP... look over "DRIVER Max" You ought to find your problem..:wave

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If you had issues with the drivers I provided last year, try these drivers from the ATI web site. You can download the video and the chipset drivers separately; just scroll down the page and look at what's available. You'll need the northbridge/southbridge software and the video drivers (of course). Once those drivers are installed successfully, install KB888111 as I suggested before, then install the sound driver. If the one from the Acer site didn't work, then try using this one.
    Good luck!

9. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Go to "Start" then "Run", and type in "Services.msc" without the quotation marks. Look in the list that pops up for a service named "Windows Audio"

Tell us what you find - if it is running, stopped, or the service is not there at all.

Did you check the device manager for any yellow triangles as I asked in your other thread? If so - were any displayed? If so, what were they beside?

You gotta give us a little more info, and be a little patient too ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds