Remove jar_cache files

Discussion in 'Software' started by gloriana11, Jun 5, 2006.

1. gloriana11

gloriana11 Private E-2

Thanks in advance for any help I may get. I am new at this and not very technically literate.

I am using a Dell laptop running Windows XP. It has 40G of memory. It's been sort of slow lately, so I ran a disk defrag on it. The report said that there were several large files which couldn't be moved and gave the names as jar_cach.xxxxx.tmp. When I looked for them, there turned out to be about 50 of these files, with creation dates in the last three months. (My computer is about 18 months old). After poking around on the web, it seemed like it was safe (if not actually desirable) to delete them. However, when I tried, I get a message saying "Cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk". I haven't actually checked the properties on all of them. Some of them show 0 bytes even though the search lists them with some number. Some of them still show the same size as the search listing, but I still can't delete them.

So I have two questions: (1) should I be deleting these files, and, if so, (2) how can I do it.

Thank you.:confused:

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Okay first you have a 40G harddisk not memory not the same ;)
    And most of the time it's okay to delete .TMP files.
    You could try in safe mode F8 to delete those files.if not working try unlocker download here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4660

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

To clear the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) cache:
    • Click Start > Control Panel.
    • Double-click the Java icon in the control panel.
      -The Java Control Panel appears.
    • Click Settings under Temporary Internet Files.
      -The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
    • Click Delete Files.
      -The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
      -There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
      • Delete Files
      • View Applications
      • View Applets
    • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files window.
      -Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
    • Click OK on Temporary Files Settings window.
    • Close the Java Control Panel
    You can view those instructions along with graphics Here

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds