No mouse working..HID-compliant code 39

Discussion in 'Software' started by QCisFirst, May 30, 2010.

1. QCisFirst

QCisFirst Private E-2

A several days ago my mouse stopped working. :( I had not installed any new software for over a week, so it did not seem that was an issue. During the last couple days I have; changed mice (checked that the mice worked on another computer), uninstalled and re-installed the HID-compliant drivers, uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for the mouse, performed several system restores before one stepped it back (but it did not solve the issue), removed the high filter in the registry for the HID-compliant mouse, and installed an older version of the driver for the mouse. Still I have no mouse function. I can access the desktop computer remotely through my laptop. My keyboard works on the desktop, but again still no mouse. Help!!!

Thank you for any assistance,

John

Windows XP Media Center 2005 with SP3 update

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Do the mice work with no drivers?

3. QCisFirst

QCisFirst Private E-2

I have tried 2 different USB mice and neither function. I have a Logitech keyboard that functions fine. I went to Device manager and found exclamation point next to HID-compliant mice and next to the Saitek GM3200 mouse. The Logitech Keyboard was fine. When I checked the mice drivers they had a code 39.

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Do the mice work with no drivers?

5. QCisFirst

QCisFirst Private E-2

:( After I removed the high & low filters for the optical drives and the high filter for the HID-mouse, I restarted the computer, but still no success. I have installed Logitech mouse driver, but there is no change. System restore ... no change. Any suggestions? ... Dell sent me a replacement mouse, lol. No mouse works, but the keyboard does!! :cry

6. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

For the third time: Do the mice work with no drivers?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds