Uninstaller

Discussion in 'Software' started by 4einc, Oct 28, 2011.

1. 4einc

4einc Private E-2

Can someone recommend me a good uninstaller ?, I use to use Revo Uninstaller now I'm not saying I have a issue with it or it sucks, I do enjoy it but I've recently moved to a 64bit system and the freeware version of Revo does not recognize 64bit apps...

Thanks in advance..

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Can someone recommend me a good uninstaller? 4einc <<

My favorite freeware uninstaller is called Uninstall Tool 1.6.6. Currently the program is actually shareware but the last freeware version is available here (scroll down when you get to that webpage). Another fairly good one is called Total Uninstall which has also gone shareware. However the last freeware version of Total Uninstall 2.35 is available at the same website (here).

My favorite shareware "uninstall tool" is aptly called Your Uninstaller! And it’s available here at MajorGeeks. It has way more options than the previous two (particularly the way that it lists affected registry items for removal) and Your Uninstaller! is far more foolproof IMO. Since I am constantly testing and reviewing numerous shareware and freeware programs I really need a uninstaller that I can count on to do the job correctly. The only negative thing is that the program costs about $40 bucks and the trial is limited. (Limitations: 21-day trial, only remove 2 programs, nag screen).

Good Luck

COMP

3. 4einc

4einc Private E-2

Thanks Comp, I'll be sure to check it out all your suggestions.

Do the old freeware ones show 64bit programs as well ?

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'll be moving to 64 bit Windows 7 soon.
    MG does not state specifically that Revo will not work on a 64 Bit OS.

Anyone else having trouble with Revo on Win 7 64 Bit OS?
    I'd really appreciate your experience on this program.

BTW, thanks COMPUABLE for your earlier reply.:major

Bazza

===

5. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

6. 4einc

4einc Private E-2

Not trying to make more work for the man behind MajorGeeks but I do wish now that 64bit systems are becoming the norm that he'd state if said program was 64bit capable or not.

As for Revo Uninstaller, it is a nice program but to uninstall a 64bit program on the computer Revo will not see the program listed unless you buy it.... Hope that clears things up for what I meant.

7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Sorry for doubting you, 4einc. :-o :-D

Damn. :cry I'll probably buy it. :) Or maybe not. (see quote, below)

Bazza

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds