router and main computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lamia8592, May 13, 2007.

1. lamia8592

lamia8592 Private E-2

I'll be setting up wrt54g router, and i was wondering, if when i finish configuring the router, can i unplug the router and install a wireless card and use the computer wirelessly instead of being wired??

thanks,
    tommy

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

4. dedub

dedub Corporal

5. lamia8592

lamia8592 Private E-2

thanks for the replies guys
    I uplugged the cable, installed a wireless card on the desktop, configured it and got it to work with the first try!! encryption and everything :)

thanks

6. DeLLProblems

DeLLProblems Private E-2

I am so sorry about writing about this issue on a reply but I don't know how to write a new question. Or I have had 3 days of hell because of my computer and DELL.

I just recently got satelite hook up and my computer will not register or find the connection port (either-sp). I have no local area connection.

I have been working with DELL support for three days, downloading this driver, updating this BIOS and even wiping my windows clean and reinstalling.

NOthing has worked. I can't even get my computer to go wireless.

NEED HELP haven't worked in three days on my business and am lossing money because of DELL.

7. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Dell.....you should start a new thread ....not hijack someone elses....in the meantime, call the satelitte company and have them give you the ip setup for the modem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds