Main internet connection disappeared?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WildFire4, Aug 6, 2008.

1. WildFire4

WildFire4 Private E-2

A couple nights ago I went into my netgear router using the admin and password like I've always done. I set a static IP and port forwarded a couple ports to help with some connectivity issues with a PC game.

Ironically enough, the minute I pressed save changes, the connection dropped from every computer and the xbox 360.

Past couple days I've tried getting the network back, figured out it somehow became an Ad Hoc network. I uninstalled all the linksys network adapters from the computers, turned off the modem and the router. After that I reset the router back to factory defauls and tried to set the network back up. Nothing has worked, the router won't show up even though it says the PCs are connected. The only connection that works is some random linksys 2 mbps I somehow set up.

modem - motorola sb501
    router - netgear WGR614v6
    adapters - linksys wusb54gs

all I need is the ability to get back into the 192.168.1.1 and I think I'll be fine but nothing I've tried the past few days has worked.

:[

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds