Windows7 STUPID delete problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by stevvie, Apr 14, 2010.

1. stevvie

stevvie Private E-2

I'm having a weird little problem deleting folders in Windows7. It says that I need permission to delete the folder, BUT if I first empty the folder then I can delete it OK. This seems VERY VERY silly to me and I have NEVER EVER encounter such a problem in XP before. My windows 7 account is an administrator as I'm the only user and have NO need for the users/security. Also If I check the permissions and owner it shows that administrator is the owner and has FULL rights on the folder. Even If I change the rights on this folder to replace all child object permissions I still have to empty the folder to delete it. This just seems like a step backwards as some people would never try deleting whats in the folder first to be able to delete the parent folder.
    Can anybody shed any light onto this for me. THANKS

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds