Wordpress and the church website

Discussion in 'Software' started by tannertornadoes, Jul 17, 2008.

1. tannertornadoes

tannertornadoes Private E-2

Hey guys!
    I have a limited knowledge of networks, blogs, and IT mgmt. I am the pastor of youth at a church and we recently voted to start a pastor's blog for the senior pastor to type his thoughts on our website. I've tried installing wordpress to the host (1and1.com) but I guess I'm just a moron. I can't get it to work. The famous five minute install has taken me three days and it still isn't working. Any ideas or help? We maintain the website (updates on information and structure) in-house through various staff people but no one has any knowledge of wordpress. Thanks and God bless! Josh

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Why don't you just go for the free WordPress.com? The place have 100's of churches already. There's a brilliant forum that always staffed with pro's and volunteers and everything blogwise is ready for publishing. You just need to write.

Windows Live Writer
    is the best free editor for blogging. Also the splendid blog One Cool Site has all the answers.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds