Re-boot?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Edward Fitzgerald, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Edward Fitzgerald

Edward Fitzgerald Private E-2

When playing Flight Simulator 2004 the pc will suddenly reboot, this will occurr when I pick an airplane or making other selections. This began after I instslled a Radeon 9600xt. I have the latest driver for this card and have emailed ATI with this problem was told to read the FAQ. which I have done and made changes where applicable. After the pc reboots the error reads "just recovered from a serious error". Also recently while in other programs (non games) I get windows explorer has an error and will close down.
    My PC Specs.
    Intel Motherboard D865PERL
    Intel pentium 4 2.4GHZ proccessor
    Bus Speed 800mhz
    Memory: 1024 MB Ram
    DDR 320
    Thanks

2. Edward Fitzgerald

I Have unchecked the box that says autommatically restart and write is checked. I have
    I have Spybot and run it frequently. I do not have adware.
    Event viewer
    Application Error: Application hang. Category: 101 Event 1002
    Application Category: none Event: 1000
    System Error: system error Category: 102 Event: 1003
    DCO Event: 10010
    System Control Manager Category: none Event: 7022
    Thanks for your help

3. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

right click my computer-properties-advanced-start-up and recovery settings-
    and uncheck the box that says automatically restart and make sure the box is checked to write event to the system log this way you should get a blue screen error instead try to get as much information of this screen and post it here
    also you can check your event viewer which should hopefully give some idea whats happening you can access that through control panel-administrative tools

just on a side note i fixed my m8s pc just yesterday his explorer was closing all the time but was giving problems on the net sometimes finally pinned it down to some spyware corrupting his explorer fixed it by running ad-aware
    have you run a spy scan with ad-aware lately

4. General_Lee_Stoned

in the event viewer box what is the source for these errors cos thats the really helpful bit as there are many possible causes

5. General_Lee_Stoned

by the way ive been trying to reply but my internet went mad :rolleyes:
    im looking at you replying to my post at 19.08 yet my post is listed at 19.12

6. Edward Fitzgerald

For the Application source: it just say "application error" and event 1000
    "application Hang" and event 1002
    For the system errors is says: DCOM and event 10010
    "System control manager" and event 7022
    it does not state a specific program.

7. General_Lee_Stoned

ok im having alook but theres many things that could be when you double click on the error in event viewer have you tried following the link to microsoft help and support sometimes this can reveal further info

also since you switched off auto restart have you tried that game to see what info comes up on the blue screen

8. Edward Fitzgerald

I just followed the event viewer to MS and it indicated it could be a corrupt systm file. Resolution; try to repair using the xp cd. Thanks for the suggestion I will try the repair suggestion and see what happens.
    I also installed adware scanned and did find a few files that I deleted. I didn't mention that I also run Norton Internet security which has ad blocking. I will let you know how things progress.
    Ed

9. Edward Fitzgerald

Well, I really stepped in it now. In trying repair a possible corrupt sys. file using xp's repair console it got stuck in a loop that I could not get out of. Out of frustration I tried to install a fresh copy but it kept trying to update win xp and would not go. So I decided to install on my D: drive which I did and it worked now. however I have two os on my computer. My question is can I manually uninstall win xp from the c: drive and then change the D: drive to C: drive and the c: drive to D: drive so that I have xp on the c: drive, or will have live with winxp on the D: drive.

10. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

disable the VPU recovery in the ATI display settings. I was getting that with my 9800 pro with the cat3.9's, I disabled this and so far so good. Could be coincidental.. could be a workaround.. who knows.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds