Application Error The application failed to initialize properly. (0xc00000006)

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrsdanskin, Oct 16, 2007.

1. mrsdanskin

mrsdanskin Private E-2

Okay, please forgive me as I have no idea where to post the issues that I am experiencing. Yes, I did check out previous posts that were similar in nature.

I was on my computer this morning. I shut down the computer and then this evening when I turn the computer on I get the following message:

Application Error The application failed to initialize properly. (0xc00000006). Click ok to terminate the application

I click okay I get a blank desktop - so I cannot run system restore. I have tried starting the computer in safe mode but I get the same message. I do not have any discs to re-install anything because when I bought my laptop I was told that all that stuff is built in. I have a compaq presario, windows xp. I am currently using my husbands laptop to try and figure out what to do. Can someone please help me?

Thank you,
    Theresa

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds