flash player plugin does not complete installation

Discussion in 'Software' started by cutlassgirl, Apr 6, 2006.

1. cutlassgirl

cutlassgirl Private E-2

I'm running XP pro edition and Firefox 1.8 for my browser. I've attempted numerous times to install Macromedia Flash Player after saving it to my desktop, and the installation will not complete. It extracts the files to 100% from a small window on my screen, then does nothing. I already have Shockwave and had no problems installing it, but I can't seem to figure out what the problem is with the Flash installation. I've tried to find answers from mozilla and macromedia, but have had no luck.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

See how you go over here.

3. cutlassgirl

cutlassgirl Private E-2

;) Just wanted to say thanks for the link- the hotfix wouldn't install, windows kept telling me that it couldn't find anything in the destination folder before install wizard had a chance to put the info into it:confused: Anyhow, I uninstalled and then reinstalled flash, went to a test site, and everything is in working order. Windows can be wierd sometimes, but as long as my stuff is working, it's all good. :D
    Thanks again- it's nice to know there's people who can help as long as you don't feel too stupid to ask... and don't want to spend the big bucks in order to get the help you need!

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

No problemo. That's what we are here for........even if you did sort it out yourself. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds