I couldn't have put it any better

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mada_Milty, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

10 reasons why IT hates laptops

2. Natakel

Natakel Guest

:D

In a nutshell? The cause of all the problems?

PORTABLE!

Ya can't take a mid-tower desktop, hardwired to a server and two monitors, to a cook-out and drop it in a pool, after all! rolleyes

Good link, Mada :)

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

But they are so damn convenient.:D

The whole 2-3 yr life span has to be wrong. :eek My laptop is 2 and fine. My desktop is 7 yrs old! You just need to be good to it.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yeah, try convincing my users (aka the mob, the hoarde, etc) to do that! :D

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

LOL

...the cause of prematurely aging computers. And they wonder why their computers talk back to them and refuse to perform. :D

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

But laptops are good though and IT should love them as they are much much easier to smack over the head of an idiot user! than a desktop ;)

WHACK WHACK WHACK......

7. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yes, much easier, but also less painful.

Plus, you're liable to break the darn lappy on the thick skull!

8. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Yes, but if that happens you don't have to fix it!

9. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

this whole list was way too close to the truth for me. I almost cried tears of shame and rage. Then I kicked a puppy, knocked down a little girl, took her lollipop and all was better in my world.

I had one user that when he booted the machine up, his log in password was blank, he automatically logged into the VPN by what ever means and a bunch of other things. he had his son write a batch script to do these things. he then proceeded to have his laptop stolen because he is a total and complete moron. the things that I wanna do to this idiot are not fit for man nor beast...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds