Help pls: REAL chipset driver AMD Hudson?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zapp, Jul 2, 2014.

1. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

gang I'm having a devil of a time locating, or understanding, the real
    Chipset driver for AMD Hudson - for a HP M6 using the A10-4600m, HWINFO reports the chipset as AMD Hudson-2/3/4 whatever that means.
    there are multiple revisions to the Hudson package so its important, whatever it means...

why amd doesn't list this stuff plainly is beyond me.
    apparently it confuses HP also as they decline to even list chipset drivers.
    there are many threads on the subject and the typical answer is "just install catalyst", but AMD does show chipset drivers separately on a whole other section of the website, they just don't bother to categorically list what the driver package supports!

if they package the drivers with the typical DISPLAY/Card driver package, they are remiss, because that package does not correctly install either the sata driver or the USB 3.0 driver. plus I get the old "display driver stopped responding" error with that....

you know the law: chipset first, everything else after that. so I'm kinda stuck:cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds