Low Disk Space

Discussion in 'Software' started by mighty_m3aty, Aug 12, 2007.

1. mighty_m3aty

mighty_m3aty Private E-2

Hi guys need some help.

I'm not so very familiar with computers. My concern recently is the drive c in my computer is getting low with disk space. I am using my computer mostly for emails only. I seldom use it to download music or movies but recently when I check my C by pointing the cursor in the drive c, it has only 4Gb+ disk space left. I have checked the temporary internet file folders and it has more than 1gb in it. My question now is, if it's safe to delete all the files in the temporary internet folders and if it will not results for any abnormalities with my computer? Or what are the other ways to free some disk space. Thanks, mighty.

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

3. mighty_m3aty

mighty_m3aty Private E-2

Thanks Novice... If I run search then type the temporary internet folders then I delete the temporary folders there would be safe? mighty.

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I would look for the files that are the largest and see if you can back them up if they're not needed. Cleaning out temp files is OK but they always come back anyways and not much space is created.

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

6. mighty_m3aty

mighty_m3aty Private E-2

Guys, Great! it really fixes the problem. Thanks for all your help.:hyper:hyper:hyper:clap:clap

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds