0xc0000006 error when i try to reinstall a game

Discussion in 'Software' started by blackorange89, Feb 16, 2006.

1. blackorange89

blackorange89 Private E-2

after uninstalling fully functionnal "war in the pacific" and deleting it s folder and trying a fresh install, I have been unable to get the install wizard fired up neither through autorun neither doubleclicking the setup icon. I m running XP and since game was actually working (the game disc is unscratched nor damaged in anyway) i wonder why i can t install it back on the same system. Are the sneaky starforce thingies cossacksII installed messing up with this game (btw if you can tell me how to get rid of them) . I got this message about the program was unable to initialize (0xc0000006 error) when i ended up ejected the CD from my lite-on 16102B CDRW

Anyone kind enough to help ?

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Regarding the StarForce crap, HERE is a recent thread I posted with a removal tool and info.

I don't think it will fix your problem, but you should remove the crap anyway.

3. blackorange89

blackorange89 Private E-2

thanks a lot for the valuable info about the Starforce issue Insomniac:cool:
    However i wanted to add some info about my 0xc0000006 problem. I managed to copy the setup.exe file on my HD and since it s packs all required data to install the game i managed to do it. On the other hand, I still did find the reason why it would not launch from the CD itself

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I don't think it's related to StarForce.

I had the same problem, and never had StarForce on my system.

It's to do with a corrupt Registry entry or InstallShield engine.

I tried a Repair and System File Checker to no avail, so I don't have an answer for you I'm sorry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds