Help me please! -incomplete install IE 6 sp1

Discussion in 'Software' started by Judy711, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Judy711

Judy711 Private E-2

Im running Win Me.
    I did a Windows update but couldnt complete setup for Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 Windows Me. It just never completes. A missing file or something.

I still cant do setup IE 6 sp1, I've tried 'from here', 'save to dic', tried it even in safe mode, custom install. Start again, start again...... I still keep getting this message when its almost complete (90 somethin%):
    Setup was unable to install all the components. Please close all applications and try running setup again.
    Someone pleaseeeeee help me out with this. Microsoft does not help support their older product unless you'd like to pay them $35. They just want you to purchase new. All I want is to update IE.

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

3. Judy711

Judy711 Private E-2

:( Setup was unable to install all the components. Please close all applications and try running setup again. :(

I dont know what else to try, do you think theres a problem with my router? If I disconnect it.....connect modem directly to pc and then try or this has nothing to do with it? <<<------grabbing at straws here. (Linksys router BEFSR41)

4. Judy711

Judy711 Private E-2

ok, I tried a custom dl and seems to go through but when reboot I get the box come up (see attachment). When I check to see what IE Im using it still says 5.5 . I probably tried to dowload it so many times that theres files all over the place and still thinks Im trying to finish setup on one of those? What a mess. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

5. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Hello Judy,
    I don't know how to solve that problem because I had similar hassles with M$ upgrades when I had 98SE. Utterly disgusted I shelled out some $ and got Opera.
    Now I also have Firefox (free) both of them are far and away better than IE.
    Pending better advice cut your losses and go over to Firefox. The alternate is to struggle along or go down the Format and reinstall path.
    Others will differ from that view but sometimes a time comes when if you want to use your computer with reliability you have to give up and try another tack!
    Cheers
    Robert

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds