Recovering Windows 2000 Password ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by JoeyAnyc, Apr 10, 2007.

1. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc Private E-2

I hope I placed this in the right spot.

I have searched on how to reset OR recover the Admin Password for the Windows, this pops up when Windows is ready to load. For some reason, the previous code stopped working last week. I have a feeling someone screwed with it.

I went to the recommended site Login Recovery and followed everything, and they SAY that they were able to recover the passsword (which is shown as asteriks), but I have to wait a few days for it OR "Upgrade" the service. BUT OF COURSE, there would be some BS about the process.

So, can anyone PLEASE share a no nonsense way of recovering or resetting the password, and get results TODAY, and quickly.

Thanks to everyone for any info.

Joey

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Download and create yourself the Ultimate Boot CD (aka UBCD). There's some tools in there that allow for password resets. There's another CD that's very similar to UBCD called HBCD (Hiren's Boot CD) but I haven't been able to find a place to download it from since last summer. All the links I've found for it are dead, or on questionable sites. Hiren's home page lists the CD, and it's contents, but doesn't seem to provide a download link. Whatever. On the UBCD you'll be looking for something called Offline Registry Editor and Password Utility or maybe it's Active@ Password Tool (it's been awhile and my brain is like swiss cheese). Anyhow, the p/w tool is on the UBCD and I've used it successfully in the past many, many times.... good luck...

hopperdave2000

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds