The source file is corrupted while installation of new games

Discussion in 'Software' started by Linne, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Linne

Linne Private E-2

Hey

I have a very strange problem.

I have downloaded 2 new games, The Darkness II and Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. When mounting these with DaemonTools or MagicIso and starting the installation, it goes just a few secs and then it comes up an error with the text:
    an error has occurred while trying to copy a file
    the source file is corrupted

I just reinstalled Windows 7 64bit Ultimate on my brand new computer.

The thing is, I got old games saved on a harddrive, and I got no problem installning them. Its only new games I got a problem with.

I have tried both MagicISO and DaemonTools, so I dont think its the mounting software.

I have tried removing my antivirus software and it doesnt work anyway. I have tried removing the firewall and it doesnt work anyway.

I dont want to reinstall Windows again, before I know why I got problems just with new games.

But I have uninstalled and removed all my settings for Bittorrent and reinstalled it and now Im downloading the games again. Maybe something went wrong while I was downloading it the first time. But with both games? Sounds a little bit weird.

My main harddrive is a 120GB SSD Disk. But I also got a normal 7200rpm HDD. I have tried installing on both of them, none works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds