What Gives With POSTING Problem?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pegg, Feb 25, 2004.

1. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I was having pages load with "done, with error on page" messages show up over and over again with IE browser. I posted this problem here in: Software, "Am I Crying in the Wilderness, IE Error on page" on Feb. 15 and received GREAT advice.

The reason I switched to Netscape from IE6 was because I couldn't even post answers to this group -- the reply page would come up and I could type the "title" but not the message. NOW that is happening with Netscape even though no "error on page" message is showing up like with my IE browser and I'm not having any other problems on web pages (at least not yet that I know of). It just suddenly started happening here.

I have Windows 98, all my critical updates are done, I have run SpyBot, AdAware, checked and unchecked everything they told me to do in that other thread. What is this inability to post all about???

I had to go out of this group -- open up IE browser and come back in to post this reply because nothing I tried while online with Netscape worked. But it used to be that nothing I tried with IE worked. I've obviously tweaked IE (with all your help) but I haven't used that as my default browser because it still loads some pages with that weird "done with error on page" and it's a nuisance.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

did you do this start > run and type Regsvr32 urlmon.dll then enter to resolve the "done but with errors on page"?

also double clicking the "done but with errors on page" text on the status bar and click show details brings a box up with info.. this may give a clue.

one other thing is delete your temp internet folder and cookies.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

4. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

re: error message

NO - I ran many other things in the start > run box but not that command -- if it won't hurt to try --- I'll try.

re: double clicking on the "errors on page" text: I'll do this the next time it shows up -- thanks

re: deleting folders & cookies: I've done this several times, including checking the box for "deleting all offline content"

Last edited: Feb 25, 2004
  5. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

May I be so bold as to ask WHY? What browser is it? I had downloaded Mozilla but I couldn't easily download clip art like I wanted to. So I downloaded Netscape (and realized it was related to Mozilla).

Netscape was THE answer and was working perfectly. It fixed my problem of not being able to post here, I was able to get to all the web pages that wouldn't load right with IE. Now, without me having done anything different to Netscape I suddenly can't post to this group when I go online with it? I would think something else is going on and downloading some other browser wouldn't necessarily matter (but I will because you guys are, like, ya know, so, like, wow, so brainy) :D

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

To jump in in lieu of Kodo......... the browser he's asking you to try is Opera and is my other browser I actually like it just a bit more than IE... it couldnt hurt to have a go with it.

Nope it won't hurt a bit re registering that dll.... if it fixes the problem all the better.

7. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

more "Done with error on page" than ever

I did the regsvr32 urlmon.dll -- now I've got more IE problems. Would that be related? After singing the praises of how we seemed to fix IE's various problems, now almost every page I go to says "done, with error on page" including this one. I'll go to the other thread I've been doing about "Am I crying in the Wilderness" to further this discussion since it's not about posting...even tho' this page came up with errors I can post on it so...)

8. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

solved problem?

Well, I don't know what did it. I've done a few things over the last day, one was to run:

REGSVR32.EXE JSCRIPT.DLL trying to resolve the "done with error on page" that I get when I use my IE browser but I still get that problem. I also did an update in AdAware and did a deep scan and it found major problems in the registries....

But I'm online with NETSCAPE and I'm posting a reply here so somehow the problem is fixed. If it happens again, or other things are a problem, I'll try the Opera browser.

Thanks.

At the bottom of my screen I'm getting a WYSIWYG Editor initialized for Mozilla in 1.37 seconds message. Is that just a normal thing that happens when you post on the message board??? I posted this question as it's own thread (but it said IE instead of Mozilla) and no one has answered (so it's either really a DUMB question or???)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds