Gremlins got my Quick Launch!

Discussion in 'Software' started by floyd, Nov 8, 2007.

1. floyd

floyd Private First Class

I run Win XP home, and I always keep my Quick Launch bar visible by checking it in my right click on the Toolbar menu and the right click desktop menu for align desktop icons unchecked.
    Whenever I reboot I have to unhide my Quick launch bar. Also all my desktop icons selection is checked again to align to a grid.
    Also I've tried locking the Taskbar before shutting down too to no avail.
    It's got me puzzled.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Floyd

2. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

For quicklaunch

Try
    Right click on Taskbar - select 'Properties'

your settings should be similar to those shown below
    [​IMG]

3. floyd

Shanemail, thanks for the suggestion, but I've already done that. I've done it there as you suggested and also by right clicking on the toolbar and checking "Show Quick Launch". When I reboot the tick mark is gone and it's hidden again.
    Floyd

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do you have any security program set to disallow changes to some of the sytem items?

5. floyd

Plodr, yes I use AVG VS, spyware Blaster, windows Firewall, Windows Defender all in addition to a number of programs I scan with periodically.
    All are up to date also.
    Floyd

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Then you need to check AVG and Windows defender to see if they are set to undone any changes made to the system. Or, you could disable them and then make your tick, reboot and see if the tick stays. Then enable AVG and Windows Defender again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds