Ip Address

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richlizard, Nov 29, 2004.

1. richlizard

richlizard Private E-2

Hi all. I have a bit of a problem finding my exact IP address. I connect through broadband that goes through a router. Nothing is apparent with ipconfig /all, only my router IP address. So I went to many web sites that gave me an IP of 80.0.224.5 so I passed this to my friends to connect to. This didn't work, so I got them to go to these sites, too (whatismyip etc) and strangely they were also given 80.0.224.5 and they do not use routers, only cable modem. Could anyone help us get our true IP addresses? Thanks!

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

You must be using a proxy somewhere down the line. You are an NTL customer and I've seen this problem on NTL lines before.

Does your router have a WWW configuration interface? Chances are you can get your "real" IP in the WAN port status or somthing along that lines.

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds