How to use AJAX to PHP connect to Google Suggest?

Discussion in 'Software' started by peteschulte, Apr 28, 2011.

1. peteschulte

peteschulte Private E-2

Hello Moderators and Major Geeks,

Working through "AJAX, A Beginner's Guide," I ran into a snag in Chapter 4. So I know that AJAX is working on my web host and in my Chrome browser running on XP. Started getting some help from Sergeant PC-XT in another thread at post #11.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1618434#post1618434

The problem is described there with links to the live pages, a copy of the PHP script, and a couple of solution attempts.

Sergeant PC-XT suggested starting a new topic and now it's grown to the point where that surely makes sense to me. Please advise or assist with how to merge this new thread with the one identified above.

Thanks!

2. peteschulte

peteschulte Private E-2

Sergeant PC-XT solved the problem by identifying that Google had changed the function used to access Google Suggest. You can see his solution at the link cited above.

If threads get closed, this one is probably ready to be closed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds