What should I do with my phone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goldfish, Sep 17, 2004.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I have an old Nokia 3330 that doesnt work any more.

I might pickle it, or I might burn it, or i might soak it in heavy duty paint stripper....

Any other creative ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

gravity test! :)

3. dasmaz81

dasmaz81 Private E-2

sell it on ebay ;) you can sell anything there

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Bah, thats BORING!

I was thinking about using the school's physics lab to put 30,000 Volts over the battery terminals... but I don't think they'd let me do that just yet :p

I'm liking the pickling idea. It would be a very cool photo :D

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Aerodynamic total impact test: Strap it to a rocket engine and aim it at a brick wall.

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I did think about packing it full of model rocket engines and lighting it remotley... and see how high it goes :p

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

glue some wings to it. :)

8. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Goldie, see if they have a donation system for the elderly...in the states they ask for donated old cell phones to give to the elderly to call 911 for emergencys !!!! don't need a cell account to dial 911 on any cell phone here,,,Glenn :) :) :) :)

Don't know if same is in UK,,,

9. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Okay, first ill roll it in some bicarbonate of soda, and drop it in some white spirit... while filming it on a white background. Cool ;) Might get a broken phone on eBay and do the same, see if I can sell it to a film archive or somthing :p

Then, re-enforce the casing with some sort of high dentity foam, gut the inside of it, stuff some rocket engines to it and see how far it goes :p

10. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

There may also be a similiar program for victims of domestic violence. You just might be able to save a life.

11. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

glenn and JP, it is the same in the UK, but the phone didnt work to start with. Like at all. It wouldn't even boot up. Wouldn't be any use to anyone at all, and would probably be more effort to fix than would be worth it.

12. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

In that case, there is my favorite, the always spectacular M-80 firecracker.
    :cool:

13. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

then I go with the rocket engine idea LOL..BLASTOFF,,,will land at terminal velocity LOL...and go bang,,,LOLOL

just find a good clear field ,,,or empty parking lot,,,so lands on concreat LLOLOL...hey first cell phone to enter orbit LOLOL...Glenn

14. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

15. acejones

acejones A Different Title

submerge it in liquid nitrogen...then blow it up. :cool:

16. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

$3.00??? I think I'd rather see an explosion than get a $3.00 cheque

17. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

open it up
    fill it with gunpowder, insert fuse
    close it up
    wrap it in denim soked in fuel
    stap it to a rocket
    tie the fuses together
    shoot it up and watch it blow

what is the current currency exchange rate. . . .?

18. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

$3.00 is about £1.50. Yeah. Thats like, a sandwich... maybe even a cheap chocolate bar if you're lucky.

19. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

Put it in the Microwave. That might be a little dangerous, but fun.

20. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Mmm... unfortunatley I'd have to donate an old microwave to the cause too... cause there's lots of metal in there and i have a feeling the aerail will make one heck of an arc with a couple of million volts going through it.

21. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

stuff it in a potatoe launcher.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds