wow ....what a pain!

Discussion in 'Software' started by BigBird, Dec 17, 2003.

1. BigBird

BigBird Private First Class

was having some problems in windows:
    browsers crashing
    blue screens with strange errors
    visualizations crashing windows
    irq not less or equal errors
    bad pool caller errors
    and i always thought it was a vid driver error...so uninstalled driver, re-installed, uninstalled again, tried a different driver....no better. Changed bios...no go! Re-installed 4-in-1 drivers...no change! Changed many bios settings...no! Checked refresh rates...was pulling my hair out! Re-installed IE 6 and all updates....nope! Ran a mem tester, underclocked the fsb, ran my vid card at default speeds...all at no improvement!
    Finally, after still thinking it was vid card driver related used a proggie called Detonator R.I.P. ! It erases all registry entries left behind and all traces on the Hard drive. So I un-installed my driver again, used this proggie, the re-installed the 45.23s and BAM no more issues! Damn detonators.... sticky bastards I'm tellin ya! Ok I 'm done ranting................taco out!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  2. NAMOR

NAMOR Private First Class

Had the same type of problem myself a while back.. Glad to hear you fixed your problem. :D Never used Detonator R.I.P. I'll have to give it a try sometime, instead I use Nasty File Remover. That and other vid driver killers for Nvidia and ATI can be found here in case anyone else has the same problem in the future. (http://www.guru3d.com/)

Cheers, ;)
    NAMOR

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

4. BigBird

well...I lied! It still has problems every now and again!
    here are my specs:

xp 1700+ Thoroughbred "B"
    abit kx7-333R
    384 meg pc 2100 ram
    80 gig wd se w/8 meg cache
    30 gig Maxtor
    Polaroid 24x10 cd-rw
    nvidia gef0rce 3Ti 200 @220/500
    19" NEC monitor
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 5.1 audio
    Toshiba DVD
    Comcast Broadband

and here is the major software installed:
    running xp pro
    nvidia dets 45.23
    via 4-in-1 4.51
    avg anti-virus
    ZA pro 5.530.000
    santa cruz drivers 5.12.1.4161
    cFos network driver 5.20
    logitech mouseware 9.79
    spamhilator 0.9.6.2
    ie 6 with all updates
    mozilla 1.5
    opera 7.23
    winamp 5
    jetaudio 5.1.7.281 (plus)
    ad-Aware 6.181 w/ ref file 01R237 17.12.2003

Any suggestions?

5. BigBird

hello...anyone?

6. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

hi there looking at your specs im not sure but is that gf3 overclocked as that may be the cause could be overheating?
    but random errors if not could come from anywhere are they happening when you do the same things everytime or are they totally random if your sure its video have you checked the graphics card is seated snugly and the monitor cable is screwed in nicely at the back of your case as they are never very long and ive seen problems where they can get stretched and loosen the connection
    can you post up the exact error messages you are getting

7. BigBird

actually most problems occur when using a browser. I've used IE, Opera, and Mozilla firebird. Anyway, what usually occurs first is the monitor will flash(appear to shut off) and start right back up. At first I thought this might be the monitor, but usually there is corruption of some on screen graphics and a weird double pointer. Typically, this happends more and more frequently until I get a blue screen. I will try to write down the exact error messages(there are several different ones) the next time I get one!

8. SixShooter

SixShooter Major Malfunction

Even though you ran a mem test it still could be a memory chip.
    I had this same problem a while back. I had three 128Mhz chips that ran great for a conciderable time. Then one of them flaked out causing a conflict and error simular to yours. Perhaps you could try pulling one of them out to see if it still occurs.
    After that I just changed out upgraded the mem to one larger chip and problem went away.
    Hope this helps you Taco.

9. BigBird

yeah, I'll try that next! I have one 256meg stick and one 128meg stick! If it is one of them hopefully it is the 128 meg stick!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds