car guys help! please ;)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by N5638J, Jun 21, 2006.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i will give you the story on it first.

at our repair shop we have a 1990 (ish) Mazda RX-7 GXL its been sitting at the shop for a good 3+ years and the owner no longer wants it. we have the key for it but it has a viper C60 car alarm and we dont have the remote for it.

The Problem we are having is we cant switch off the alarm on it. i shorted it out so now we can turn it over but when the key is on there is a buzzer that will not go off. i was wondering if there was anyway i can bypass the whole alarm or take it out.

does anyone know how i can do that. or know of a website that tells me how?

we are working on the car to get it running. so i was also wondering it the buzzer we hear is just something on the car warning us that the key is still on because the buzzing starts like 30sec after we turn the key on

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Does the alarm go off as soon as the car's opened, or when the ignition is turned?

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

when the door is opened the alarm does go off but only the lights not the horn thing under the hood. and the buzzer dont come on untill you turn the key on it it sits for about 30sec

i will see if the forum will help looking at it now.

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Chances are, the alarm itself is split between lights and sounds, not usually common over here in the UK anyway.

The lights cable is probably mounted to the lock, and the sounds in the ignition, so first place would be to check in the ignition :)

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I don't get it.

Why can't you just remove or disconnect the alarm, siren, buzzer, or whatever is annoying you?

Not that hard to locate the items or wiring.

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Exactly! It's what all the thieves do before driving off with a nice rig :D

8. N5638J

N5638J Guest

thanks to lev and that site i found out what that buzzer was. its for low coolent. so the alarm is now gone ;)

ok now all we got to do is get it running. i got it firing, its getting gas i put new plugs init. i toped off the coolent so no more buzzer. turned it over with the key and it did not start. so thin me and a friend pushed it off with a 4-wheeler and got nothing (for about 2miles) when i pulled the plugs to put in new ones i seen that the top rear plug was covered in something looked like gas but dont know. tomorrow when i get to the shop i am going to pull that plug again and see if theres anything on the new plug. if its still wet thin its water and a much bigger problem.

if we got to pull the motor the guy will have to pay more thin $500 for it being fixed so if he dont pay after 2-months it will become mine beacuse i am the one doing all the work on it.

oh yea i found out what year it really is. its a 1988 mazda RX-7 (GSU or something cant tell to faded) the speedo goes up to 145MPH so if i get it you know i will have some fun with it on these dirt roads ;)

9. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

WOW! I was going to suggest it might be a "buckle your belt" warning, but thought not since it was a few years old. That's a pretty neat coolant feature for a 1988 model.

10. N5638J

N5638J Guest

yea its a nice car but its being a pain right now. i been reading on some sites that car has a lot of problems with there motors.

BTW: lev i got more pics up if you want to comment on them too :p

11. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I have a similar forum I go to for my rig. People seem to have heap loads of problems with this SUV, from brand new to really old. Mine has been so faithful, any work I have done on it has been purely normal wear and tear (new tires) to general servicing (oil/filter change, new plugs/wires/timing belt etc).

I'm thinking about buying a new or nearly new one in a couple of years, once I've clocked this one.

12. N5638J

N5638J Guest

hey lev that pic you posted on. it may say GTO on the grill but its not. its a GTO body but its a ;ate model race car my friend just got it like 3weeks ago all them pics are the same race car ;) take a look at this link ;) http://www.dirtmotorsports.com/LMS/ you may see our red 5 or that black GTO 5 on that site;)

13. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Well I did think the front end was a little different to the GTO I know and love...but I figured you guys might have adapted it. My bro has GTO so I kinda know what it's light arrangements are.

14. N5638J

N5638J Guest

this weekend we will have that GTO ready again and lets just say johnny tribble will have to take his new race car home on two roll back trucks. he made a lot of people mad last sat. for causing that crash. we was half way in front of him and he put wiley (our driver) in the wall and that crash too out over half the cars on the last race thank god there was another car there or else our new race car would have went over on its roof. i am trying to come up with some pics of the crash and what the car looked like after words but cant find no pics not even on the cochran motor sppedway website

thanks to http://www.cochranmotorspeedway.com/ for the quote

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds